Daily disposable contact lenses are single-use contacts that are discarded at the end of the day. The next day, a new pair of lenses are worn. Daily disposable contact lenses should not be confused with other disposable contact lenses which can be worn bi-weekly, monthly, or quarterly depending on the brand.
Why throw away your contact lenses?
Frequent replacement of contact lenses is healthier for the eye and leads to better overall comfort. Protein and other substances found in your tears can build up on the lenses leading to uncomfortable contact lenses and increased risk for infection. Non-daily disposable contact lenses are usually stored in a case and re-worn for a given time period. Although cleaning is done, some deposits on the lenses still remain over time.
Benefits of Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
- No lens cleaning required
- No day to day accumulation of deposits
- Wide range of materials for better comfort and ocular health
- Available in colors, in designs to correct astigmatism, and in multifocal designs to correct presbyopia
- Affordable -about the price of a cup of Starbucks coffee.
- Great for patients that have eye allergies because lenses are disposed of at the end of the day along with the allergens.
- Part-time wearers – if you prefer to wear contact lenses for sports, on the weekends, or traveling. daily disposable contact lenses are a great option. It can be more convenient to travel with a pack of contacts instead of bottles of solution.
Schedule a contact lens evaluation today to determine if daily disposable or frequent replacement contact lenses are right for you. 925-743-1222.